Mediation is an effective way of resolving disputes without court intervention. A mediator is an independent third party who helps both sides come to an agreement to resolve a dispute. Mediation is a non-adversarial proceeding which encourages both parties to reach a satisfactory compromise. Mediation is often times faster, less stressful, and less costly than litigating in court. Mediation can be used to resolve a wide variety of issues, such as:
- Personal Injury
- Family Law including divorce property settlements, custody, and parenting time
- Civil Litigation
- Business Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Real Estate
- Medical Malpractice
Mediation is a straightforward process which typically consists of:
- Introduction of parties, counsel, and the mediator.
- Review of the facts presented by each party.
- Starting a dialogue between the parties through the mediator.
- Determining a starting point for negotiations.
- Finding points of agreement and compromise.
- Forming a final agreement for the parties to accept.
Contact our office for more information or to schedule your mediation.